Who can attend?
Suitable for everyone! Including first time parents, if you’ve practised Hypnobirthing before or if you’d like a different sort of birth next time. Most attend after the 12th week of pregnancy.
Come along to classes on your own or bring your birth partner with you – their attendance is included in the price.
How long does the course last?
The complete course lasts 12 hours and is generally split into 4 easily digested 3 hour sessions; but can be split into 2 longer 6 hour sessions if you prefer.
Can you shorten the course?
It is recommended the course lasts 10-12 hours minimum, anything less would be selling you short and would not give enough time to have all the information and practice you need.
What about a refresher course?
If you have attended Hypnobirthing classes before (no matter who with), Andrea can tailor make a shorter refresher course especially for you at a reduced cost for your second, third or subsequent babies. Contact Andrea for more information.
What’s included in the price?
- You will receive the Katherine Graves Hypnobirthing paperback book
- The Colour and Calmness Relaxation MP3 (which you’ll be sent as soon as you book a place, enabling you to start Hypnobirthing straight away)
- The Hypnobirthing Parents’ Folder and Handouts
- In addition, Andrea is available to support you and your birth partner with any questions or queries that may arise between classes, until your baby is born and afterwards too – she is always happy to help.
Where are classes held?
At the moment, due to COVID-19 and social distancing recommendations, Andrea is offering all her classes online via Zoom video software. Bespoke classes are available for you and your birth partner, or you can join in group classes.
Can I still benefit if I’m considered ‘high risk’?
Absolutely, the course is suitable for everyone even if you have a more complicated pregnancy or birth. Andrea will help support you with a number of scenarios including (but not limited to):
- Breech birth
- Advanced maternal age
- C-Section birth
- IVF Pregnancy
- Back-to-back baby
- Longer pregnancy
- Group B Strep
- Vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC)
Can my friends and I have classes as a group?
Yes, Andrea is happy to arrange a programme of classes especially to suit you and your friends. Contact Andrea for more information.
Can I learn hypnobirthing online in my own time?
Although it’s recommended you attend live classes, we realise this is not always possible.
You can access an online version of the course at the link below where Katharine, founder of KGHypnobirthing and author of The Hypnobirthing Book, personally guides you through her world-leading course in the comfort and privacy of your own home. The course includes:
- 19 modules
- 12 hours of streamed content
- Easy to follow instructions for simple but highly effective practice
- The best seller: The Hypnobirthing Book (online version)
- Hypnobirthing Relaxation Audios
- All the supporting documents you need
- Facebook Support Group
- In addition, Andrea is available to support you and your birth partner with any questions or queries that may arise.
You can access the course at the link below:
How do I prepare for my first session?
Set up your computer in a place that’s comfortable for you. Feel free to have refreshments to hand as well as cushions and blankets. Loose clothing is recommended.
To enquire about a booking or to ask Andrea a question please type your message in the contact form below.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or text / call 07411 755895